Wind Ensemble Auditions
Wind Ensemble is currently taking applications for auditions for Spring 2021. Rehearsals will begin on Monday, January 25, 2021.
All GCYO auditions for the 2020 – 2021 season will be performed via video recording. Please follow these directions to record your specific auditions excerpts and scales.
All video auditions are due by January 9.
Record your audition:
1. Whether using a cell phone or video camera, make sure that there is adequate light in the room in which you are recording.
2. Make sure that you are standing or sitting far enough away from the camera that the judges can see you adequately. The video should clearly record both your left and right arms/hands. Your torso should be visible for accurate assessment of posture and playing position.
3. Record in a quiet environment so that judges hear you well.
4. Start the recording by saying: your full name, your instrument, and the name of the orchestra for which you are auditioning (YAO, Philharmonic, Wind Ensemble, Sinfonia, Intermezzo or Prelude).
5. Record in this order:
1. Scales: say the name of each scale before you play it.
2. Solo Excerpts: say the name of each excerpt before you play it (play all listed in the requirements).
6. Please record all the above in one take (DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE VIDEOS).
7. There will be No Sight Reading for this audition.
1. All auditions must be submitted to Acceptd.
2. Remember, the deadline to submit videos is January 9, 2021
Winds & Brass Auditions
Please prepare (2) solo excerpts comparable to the SC All-State solo, or a solo piece or pieces that reflect your highest musical and technical abilities, (one technical and one lyrical).
Scale Requirements: (in concert pitch) C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db (perform as many octaves as possible).
Please prepare a piece comparable to the All-State solo. (Be prepared to perform on two of the three categories; mallet, snare, or tympani.)
Scale requirements for mallets, two octaves: C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, DbBe
Making the Dreams of Young Artists a Reality