Wind Symphony / Sinfonia Winds Auditions
WIND SYMPHONY AUDITIONS: 2021-22
Our spring round of auditions is now closed. We will audition additional applicants in person on Monday, August 30 beginning at 4:45 at Wade Hampton High School. To sign up for an audition time please complete the audition application by clicking on the “schedule an audition” button below. The application portal will be open on July 15. Applications MUST be submitted no later that Friday, August 27 at midnight. Students will be notified of their audition time the evening of Saturday, August 28.
About our Sinfonia level wind program:
Wind and Percussion players interested in our Wind Symphony and/or Sinfonia will follow the same guidelines for auditions. All students accepted into the program will initially be placed in the Wind Symphony in the fall. Sinfonia does not use wind players until the second semester of the year. In the second semester, Sinfonia will utilize wind players as needed for one or two of their performance pieces only. At that time wind players will serve in both ensembles.
Woodwinds & Brass Requirements
- Please prepare (2) solo excerpts comparable to the SC All-State solo, or a solo piece or pieces that reflect your highest musical and technical abilities. (one technical and one lyrical).
- Scale requirements: (in concert pitch) C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db (perform as many octaves as possible).
- Please prepare a piece comparable to the All-State solo. (Be prepared to perform on two of the three categories; mallet, snare, or tympani.).
- Scale requirements for mallets, two octaves: C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db. Be prepared to sight read.
- Be prepared to play ALL of the requirements listed for your instrument
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your audition time.
- Bring your instrument, music, and rock stop if needed.
- Relax, and have fun!
Making the Dreams of Young Artists a Reality