The Young Artist Orchestra and Philharmonic Auditions
Audition for the 2018-19 orchestras April 21 and 22
There is a $10.00 audition fee, payable at the time of your audition.
Click on your instrument for specific auditions requirements.
Winds & Brass Auditions
Woodwind and brass students trying out for the Young Artists Orchestra or Philharmonic should be prepared to play scales and designated orchestral excerpts.
Students will be asked to play all 12 major scales from memory over the range of the instrument (i.e. SC Senior Band scale requirements, which can be found here »
Winds & Brass Excerpts
- YAO Winds & Brass Excerpts
1. Bolero - Ravel
2. Menuet - Bizet
3. Procession of the Nobles - Rimsky-Korsakov
4. William Tell Overture - Rossini
1. Overture to L'Italiana in Algeri - Rossini
2. Symphony IV, 2nd Movement - Tschaikowsky
1. Capriccio Espagnol, Mov't III (entire) - Rimsky Korsakov
2. Scenes Alsaciennes (7 Ste) - Sous Les Tilleuls (entire) - Massenet
1. Russian Sailor's Dance - Gliere
2. The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Dukas
3. Symphony IV, 2nd Movement - Tschaikowsky
1. Symphony 5, op. 64 - Tchaikovsky
2. Till Eulenspiegel, op. 28 - Strauss
1. Procession of the Nobles - Rimsky Korsakov
2. Pini Di Roma - Respighi
1. The Valkyrie - Wagner
1. Symphony No. 4 - Tschaikowsky
Percussion auditions for both orchestras will consist of specified orchestral excerpts and sight reading. Please prepare as much of the excerpts as you are able.